Here are some ways that my students can get help catching up when they are absent:
- Visit their Schoology account (All class notes are posted there along with a daily update about what we did in class.)
- Check their grades in Power School to see if they missed any graded assignments.
- Log into their Edpuzzle.com account to check for any flipped videos that could teach them content that they were absent for.
- Be sure to subscribe and read the class remind messages sent via text. (If you don't use Remind yet, you will LOVE this super easy (Free) way to connect with parents and students. www.remind.com)
- Use homeroom time to visit their teachers, pick up paperwork or network with peers to get information about the lessons and activities.
- Go to "Success Lunch" (One teacher each day has their room open for a working lunch where kids can come and eat while they do homework.)
- Get copies of any papers that were distributed while they were out.
- The last one is ASK ME! (I'm available every morning before school to help students.)
Do you have any tricks for managing student absences? I'd love to hear them!